Website Illinois Central College
SummaryIllinois Central College is seeking a qualified individual to provide lecture and laboratory instruction and student support activities for the Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVAC/R) program.
This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive. Some incumbents may not perform all the duties listed while in other cases related duties may also be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Provide students with appropriate college-level instruction and hands-on experiences that allow them to advance through certificates and/or an associate of applied science degree in HVAC/R.
2. Organize courses of practical and technical instruction including the demonstration of the skills required by the industry, lectures on safety, theory, practices, methods, processes and terminology.
3. Instruct students in HVAC/R topics such as residential furnaces and air conditioning, heat pumps, geothermal, commercial refrigeration and ice machines, residential installation, residential and commercial wiring, electricity as it applies to HVAC/R, residential equipment design, and blueprint reading.
4. Create, maintain, and evaluate HVAC/R curriculum.
5. Plan and supervise the work of students in the classroom, laboratories, and internships.
6. Evaluate the progress of students’ technical knowledge and skills.
7. Assist in ordering equipment, materials, and supplies for instruction.
8. Meet with corporate partners, advisory council members, and other colleagues to develop new curriculum to improve courses or add to existing programs.
9. Follow College corporate procedures, rules, and regulations for safe operation and practice.
10. Ensure the equipment functions safely, properly, and meets requirements.
11. Be able to work on a team with full-time adjunct faculty and staff members.
12. Perform related duties as required.
Associate Degree in HVAC/R or related field plus a minimum of two years’ work experience as a HVAC/R technical OR Journeyman status in HVAC/R plus a minimum of two years’ work experience as a HVAC/R technician **A Community College Certificate (minimum 30 credits) OR industry certification may be considered in place of degree or journeyman credentials provided the candidate has five years’ work experience as an HVAC/R technician.
Ability to instruct students by explaining, demonstrating and overseeing their exercises and giving advice on the immediate topic.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain cooperative and professional working relationships with others.
1. Bachelor’s degree in HVAC/R or related field.
2. Five years’ experience in teaching HVAC/R at the college level.
3. Two years’ experience as a trainer in HVAC/R or related area.
To apply for this job please visit www.schooljobs.com.